Post-Offer Fitness Screens Create Significant Return on Investment for Companies
A self-insured bottling and distribution facility located in Northeast Ohio.
- To hire employees that are physically capable to perform the essential job functions on day one of employment.
- Reduce new hire injuries and re-injuries when an employee is returning to work post-injury.
Working with WorkerFIT from 2005 – 2010, Bottling Company participated in the following programs:
- Functional Job Analyses were performed for all positions.
- Worker Fitness Exams were conducted on all new hires & employees returning to work post-injury.
- Annual training in safe lifting techniques was conducted between 2005-2010.
After implementing the WorkerFIT Program, the Bottling Company achieved the following ROI:
- Reduced lost work time by 264 days
- Lowered restricted duty time by 546 days
- Saved $240K in direct costs (medical + indemnity)
- Received a $10 return for every $1 invested