University Students around the world are faced with the same dilemma when faced with making choices about the course of study and experience that will lead them to a career that will be fulfilling. Employers globally indicate that there is disconnect between the learning students receive from Universities and the actual skills they require of new employees. Grounded in Student Development Theory and Assessment Theory, WorkerFit supports students in understanding their strengths and recognizing their gaps and provides a tool that allows them to track how they are progressing towards having the skills required by business and industry.
Student Interest & Qualifications
WorkerFit starts by helping student know themselves by assessing their:
- Physical capabilities
- Cognitive aptitudes
- Motivational Interest
These assessments combined with student coaching, support students in identifying their strengths and laying out a career plan.
Functional Job Analysis
Companies want to reduce injuries, improve employee retention and maximize employee productivity. A Functional Job Analysis provides a comprehensive understanding of the physical capability, cognitive requirements, and behavioral competencies required to perform job tasks. Studies demonstrate that employees not physically able to perform job tasks are more likely to sustain an injury and/or have poor attendance. Employees that lack the cognitive ability, behavioral competencies and skill and who lack the internal motivation to perform job tasks will not be productive. Mismatches in employee hiring and placement cost employers billions of dollars per year.
Matching Students & Jobs
The WorkerFIT search and matching functionality identifies the key traits required to be successful in an occupation. WorkerFIT then guides the student toward obtaining the specific education/certification required to secure employment in the chosen field. For the employer, we search our worker database and provide a list of qualified candidates based on the key traits required to perform the job successfully.
- Customize job match factors and scales.
- Analyze job functions to validate physical, cognitive, behavioral, and skill requirements?
- Illustrate job functions with pictures, video, or document attachments.
- Search by factor demand to identify high match candidates internally & externally.
- Standardize and reference accommodations to jobs or demand factors.
- Share reports with multiple parties through a secure web portal.
- Compare job exposure ratings on our color-coded Functional Job Profile.
- Design worker fitness exams with provider instruction links to ensure exam consistency.
- Secure data sharing b/w multiple platforms.